Here’s an easy recipe to make Mayonnaise at home with the basic ingredients. Mayonnaise can be used as spreads for a sandwich, shawarma or dressings for salads or as a dip.
- 1 cup Edible Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- Take a Jar/Bowl. Make sure it is completely dry.
- Take 1 cup edible oil in the bowl
- Add Salt, Sugar, Pepper, Lemon Juice and Garlic cloves. (You can skip the garlic cloves or pepper if you wish to I added it because I wanted it to be flavoured Mayo)
- Add Milk (refrigerated) to the bowl. (You can use Soy Milk if you are Vegan)
- Use a hand blender to mix all the ingredients and till you achieve the desired thickness.
- In case your Mayo is not as thick as you desired it to be, keep adding a tbsp of oil and blend it well till the desired consistency is achieved.
I got this recipe from a Chef at Novotel Imagica Khopoli while we were staying there. The Chef gave me 3 versions of making Mayonnaise which I will be sharing soon. I found this version the easiest to make as all the ingredients were present in my kitchen.